Do you have a solid/general background with engine motors ranging from small to large gas- and diesel-powered machinery? Are you looking to work for a stable company that has been around for over 35 years and is going strong? Are you looking to find a career, not just another job? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then this opportunity with Basement Systems of New York might be for you!
Many of our employees have over 10 years with our company and we are looking to expand our workforce. We are looking for a hands-on Mechanic/Shop Helper to be responsible for the prompt, efficient repair and maintenance of machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
• Confirms proper operation of machines and equipment each day.
• Reviews inspection reports to determine equipment problems.
• Applies knowledge and ability to complete necessary repairs to all equipment.
• Prioritizes and executes emergency repairs in coordination with companies' job schedulers.
• Diagnoses malfunctions promptly to determine proper course of action.
• Maintains tools and equipment in optimum working condition according to service schedule.
• Performs preventive maintenance on power plants, compressors, breathing apparatus, and other tools/equipment as required.
• Uses proper tools and equipment safely to complete each repair.
• Takes vehicles for inspection as necessary.
• Ensures vehicles maintain a favorable DOT rating.
• Coordinates road service as necessary.
• Reports any safety-related issues or accidents to management immediately.
• Maintains complete documentation for each manufacturing machine regarding repairs, upgrades, and other relevant data.
• Maintains an equipment library to assist in answering questions over the phone from work sites.
• Controls and orders inventory used for equipment maintenance and upkeep.
• When necessary, assists the shop manager by unloading delivery trucks for company equipment using a forklift
• Enters equipment repair data into Fleet Mentor database at the end of each day to keep track of maintenance records.
• Ensures work area is cleaned and safe at the end of each workday.
• Secures tools, materials, and equipment in the proper area at the end of each day.
• Participates in company quality improvement programs as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and TALENTS:
1. Possess talent and personal traits:
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to Learn
Compensation is based on experience. Are you interested in joining our team? Basement Systems of New York is the region's largest waterproofing, foundation repair, radon mitigation, and basement finishing contractor. For more information about our company, visit basementsystemsofny.com or find us on Facebook.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Experience Required
Name: Marco Campos
Email: [email protected]
our service area