ALA Health House
What is a Health House® home?
A Health House® home gives you the satisfaction of knowing that your new home has a healthy, safe, durable and energy efficient environment. The homes we build are constructed to the most stringent building standards in the U.S., which include site inspections during construction and performance testing upon completion.
What are the advantages of building a Health House® home?
- Improved air quality and a comfortable living environment
- Materials and building products that are less toxic and environmentally friendly
- Greater durability and energy efficiency
- A program that helps you make informed choices
- A better performing home requires less maintenance
- A home that retains its value over time
- A marketing tool for resale
What are the typical components of a Health House® Home?
- Foundation waterproofing and moisture control
- Advanced framing techniques
- Air sealing and advanced insulation techniques
- Energy efficient, high performance windows
- Energy efficient and sealed combustion appliances
- High efficiency air filtration
- Whole house ventilation
- Humidity control
- Carefully selected and reviewed interior finishes
Does building a Health House® Home Cost More?
The construction of a Health House home costs 3-5% more than traditional construction techniques. However, building to the Health House Guidelines can actually save you money through a reduction in your utility bills, ranging from 30-40%. Building to these Guidelines can actually increase your monthly cash flow. Because these homes are built to such strict standards, your home qualifies for energy efficient mortgage programs, which can increase your purchasing power.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.